"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."- Ayn Rand

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Looking Back on English 102


Looking back on my sophomore year of college I think it is safe to say that the most interesting class for me had to be English 102. Professor Brady is one of the best professors I have had and I truly took a lot away from this class. Even though I missed a lot of classes I still learned an unbelievable amount of valuable information that I will use throughout my life. Professor Brady did a great job of keeping the class interesting and she is one of the only teachers who was actually able to keep my attention for a whole lecture.
Professor Brady is one of the most unique professors I have ever come across in all my years of school. She is so energetic and full of joy and it really makes her class very interesting. There is never a dull moment in this class and that is why I was never upset when I had to wake up for class. Professor Brady is extremely knowledgable and is always willing to help a student with whatever it is that they are struggling with. She truly loves English and that makes her passionate about what she does and allows her to relate to the subject to make it easier for us to understand. I have never had an english teacher more passionate about what they do then Professor Brady and I think that is why I did very well in the class and did not hesitate to ask her any questions I was curious about. Even though I am not a big fan of English, there were many lectures that I enjoyed and that actually taught me things that I did not already know. I usually dread doing essays, but all of the essays and published blog assignments that we had to do for this class were all extremely interesting and that made them a lot easier to do because they kept my focus. One thing I liked about this class was that you always had to be paying attention because Professor Brady will always find you and pick on you to either read or answer a question. This keeps all the students attentive and awake.
The only thing that I did not like about this class was the poetry section. Even though i've always disliked poetry, Professor Brady did a very good job of explaining everything and allowing me to truly understand what the author was trying to say. She also made some great choices on what short stories and plays we read. “A Streetcar Named Desire” and “Antigone” were two of the best pieces of literature I have read throughout my years and I actually looked forward to coming to class when we were reading them. I think this is extremely important for a professor because if they have their students attention and respect, they will all come to class and pay attention and not cause any problems. Overall, this one an excellent class and is my favorite english class that I have taken to this day. Professor Brady is a unique lady and does an excellent job of teaching English 102.

1 comment:

  1. Mark,

    This is a beautiful reflection! I am truly inspired by your words and happy that you gained a great deal from this class.

    Your lecture response for Empathy v. Sympathy is excellent. You were able to extract the key points of the lesson and apply it to your own life. These are our true lessons. These lessons help us to grow.

    Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete